Thursday, June 27, 2024

Happy Vibes!

Welcome class!
I have another card using the Beachcomber set from Simon Says Stamp's recent Sunny Vibes release!  It's a fun challenge for me to create different looks using the same stamp set each month, and this time I dug into my husband's workshop for supplies!
So here's the lesson plan:
1.  Pick your colors.  I went with a beachy palette using Pawsitively Saturated Inks.
2.  Emboss the things (everything is stamped in Versafine and embossed in clear embossing powder)!  Stamp the things!  Die cut the things!
3.  Get creative.  I was trying to think outside the box for sand, and instead of creating faux sand, I went downstairs in my husband's tool chest and grabbed a sheet of ultra fine sand paper to make it look realistic. 
4.  Create the ocean.  Oceans aren't all the same color, so I went for variety and dug out my Brusho watercolor powders.  If you're unfamiliar with them, they're like Lindy's Magical Powders without the shimmer built in.  I shook them on watercolor paper, and spritzed with water and let the color move around the paper, and then set it aside to dry.
5.  Assemble the card!

No comments:

Post a Comment