Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Cheering For You...With Music!

Welcome class!
I'm bringing some inspiration to you today using products from the new Cheering for You release from Simon Says Stamp!  I'll be featuring the new Music stamp set this month, and here's one of the cards I made with it!




So here's the lesson plan:
1.  Pick your colors:  I used my go to rainbow of colors from Concord and 9th for the cardstock strips, but I used a rainbow of Pawsitively Saturated Inks for the hearts (colors linked below).
2.  Stamp the things!  Since I was going to be using water I used Tim Holtz Watercolor panels for this. Emboss the things!
3.  Make the watercolors run.  So I smooshed my ink pads on my glass mat to get the color and I put a small drop of water in each heart.  I highly recommend embossing your image if you try this as the embossing makes a little pool so your water and color stay where you want them to.  I then picked up a small amount of ink on my damp brush and dropped it in the pool in each heart.  I then took a CLEAN brush and made a small water color trail coming from each heart.  Next, I dropped a small amount of ink in each one with my brush and it followed the water trail, so it went exactly where I wanted it to go!
4.  Cut on a diagonal.  
5.  Frame your image with 1/8 inch cardstock strips.
6.  Admire your handiwork!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment