Monday, September 16, 2024

Happy B-Day to You!

Welcome class!
I have one more batch of cards using the Simon Says Stamp Stamptember release, this time with the new Layering Sprinkles stencil set, with the help of of a CZ Design Happy Bday die and a stash of sequins that I had almost forgotten about in my stash.  I have a few little boys in my life that have back to back birthdays, which inspired the color choices and designs.  What 7 year old doesn't like a shaker card?  


So here's the lesson plan:
1.  Pick your colors.  I went with some blues, oranges and greens for this duo using Pawsitively Saturated Inks.
2.  Stencil the things!  Once you've stenciled everything, it's fun to add some sparkle!  I use some old Nuvo glitter paste from my stash. Die cut the things!  With this one, I use the shadow layer as the basis for my shaker card, and placed the stacked sentiment on top.  Doodle on the things!   I used an Arteza white gel pen to put highlights on the sentiment.
3.  Assemble!  I used my foam tape to pop up the stenciled layer to make a home for my sequins, and grabbed a sentiment strip sentiment to supplement that big, beautiful die cut!




EXTRA CREDIT!
I didn't want the stenciled shadow layer to go to waste, so I made a second card, this time only using blues for the sprinkles stencil on a light blue cardstock.  More doodling on the sentiment, and I used some white glitter cardstock and a star die to accent the card.  Super simple for a child's birthday card!


Product Line Up:

No comments:

Post a Comment