Friday, September 20, 2024

Know When To Hold 'Em, Know When To Fold 'Em

Welcome class!
I'm branching out from Simon Says Stamp products for a bit and tackling the Altenew portion of my unused product basket.  Today's products are the Botanical Honeycomb stencil (which I've used already) and the coordinating 3D embossing folder (which is new to me).  This card is an exercise in knowing when to leave well enough alone as after I spent the time stenciling on the 3D embossed image and die cutting a rectangle out of the panel, I decided to put it back through the machine with the embossing folder....and it slipped, so it's a little off on the larger panel.  Lesson learned:  when you have something done, and done RIGHT, just leave well enough alone--LOL!


So here's the lesson plan:
1.  Pick your colors.  I went with the colors from the Color Cube card I randomly pulled out of the box.  I used an assortment of Altenew Crisp inks, with the exception of one Fresh ink that I have a cube set for.
2.  Emboss the things!  I had to experiment with my sandwich again, and ran this one through the Big Shot rather than my Gemini.  Stencil the things!  Die cut the things!  I used sentiments from Altenew's Versatile Greetings for both cards, and the sentiments are from Altenew's Flourishing Garden set. I love that stamp set for the florals and coordinating stencils, but all the sentiments in the set are so versatile, and in a great font too!  
3.  Assemble the things.  The first card is actually my extra credit card.  I love this layout as it allows for maximum use of the panel I made as it was about 6x6 when I started.  I doodled a bit on the flower centers to bring more black in to the card, and for the second card I used small black dots from Concord and 9th in the centers.  The second card uses some twine as for some reason I thought it called for some earthy texture.  



No comments:

Post a Comment