Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Floral Hellos

Welcome class!
I've always had a heck of a time getting embossing folders to bend to my will, and when I got my Gemini Jr, it just got worse as I never got a good sandwich to work.  It was either too thick or too thin.  I finally solved the problem, and it let me get a fun embossed layer to go underneath the flowers from the Elegant Blossom Branch die!

So here's the lesson plan:
1.  Pick your colors.  I went with the Blue Lagoon Pawsitively Saturated Ink Cube pack, and the Nutmeg cube from this month's release.
2.  Die cut the things!  I die cut the flowers out of white cardstock and got to work blending with the inks.  I LOVE how this turned out, and was tickled pink when Heidi said how much she liked it on the Simon livestream on September 1st!  Emboss the things!  My sandwich that worked with this folder in the Gemini was to use one cutting plate, a metal shim, then the embossing folder.  Perfect pressure sandwich!  I must have used something with shimmer spray on it earlier as the white cardstock has a nice glimmer to it.  Splatter the things!  I used some of the Simon inks to get some extra dimension on the background.  
3.  Assemble the card.  I used a scrap of Concord and 9th Sunflower cardstock for the sentiment, and after assembling the card, I felt the brown centers of the flowers needed a yellow glow-up, so I dusted off my yellow Nuvo drops and put a layer on top of the brown.  Happy with the result!


 Product Line Up:

No comments:

Post a Comment