Monday, July 8, 2024

One Background, Two Ways

Welcome class!
I have a few cards here today using the Wonky Circle background stamp from the Sunny Vibes release over at Simon Says Stamp.  I had the same idea with each card, but went with two different themes.  Let's see what we have...

So here's the lesson plan(s):

CARD 1
1.  Pick your colors.  I went with oranges and yellows from Simon's Pawsitively Saturated Inks line (see the product links below for the exact set).
2.  Emboss the things!  Stamp the things!  Die cut the things!  I embossed the wonky circle background on both cards with a Versafine Nocturne (black) inkpad and embossed it with clear powder before I blended over it. 
3.  I actually blended over the sun and the sentiment so that the stark white wasn't too much for me.
4.  I added in some white glitter clouds and starshine embellishments to finish it off.

CARD 2
1.  Pick your colors.  Again, I went with some Pawsitively Saturated inks in Marine, Cadette and Royal.
2.  Stamp the things! Emboss the things!  Die cut the things!
3.  Assemble the focal point.  This uses the Earth die from the Sunny Vibes release.  I came up with a hack to glue it together....put your blue and green pieces in the die cut, dab some glue on them, and put a slightly smaller circle on top.  Ta-da!  Made this AP Geography teacher happy to see the continents in the right spots!
4.  Before assembling the card, I sprinkled some water on top of the blue blended background to give it a watery look as I was going for an ocean vibe in the background.  

No comments:

Post a Comment